Kids Camp: Fabric Design and Screen Printing
Location: Made Sewing Studio: 124 N 103rd St. Suite A, Seattle WA 98133
Ok we have to admit, we are SO EXCITED for this class! We have had lots of kids ask if they can get super messy and play with creating their own fabric designs, and, we are finally able to do it! In this class the kids will work with a variety of different fabric painting techniques from stamping, screen printing, mosaic painting, and several others. We will create several t-shirts with original designs, several mosaic wall hangings as well as a cinch tote made out of the fabric we paint and stamp. So excited!
Day One: Screen Printing and Stamping
On Day we will learn the basics of screen printing on t-shirts and other objects. We will also start our mosaic wall hanging and stamping large pieces of fabric for construction on day 2.
Day Two: Bag Construction and Mosaic Fun
On Day Two we will take our textiles and make a fun cinch tote (because no class is complete without a bit of sewing). We will also finish our Mosaic Wall Hangings.
Supplies to being for Sewing:
- Two t-shirts. Light colors are better for the kids to play with different colors.
- 2 small embroidery hoops (for wall hangings to be taken home)
- 1 yard of solid colored cotton fabric for tote (please pre-wash fabric and no stretchy fabric)
- 1/2 yard of solid colored cotton fabric for top of tote (please pre-wash fabric and no stretchy fabric)
- 2 yards of strap material for tote straps (is also called webbing, think of the straps on a book bag)
- A mask that will be worn at all times
- Lunch, two snacks and a water bottle
- Appropriate outdoor wear for lunch (we sometimes go to a nearby park)
Class Level: This class is for Beginner Kid Sewists ages 7 and up. No previous experience is required.
Cancellation/Return Policy: No refunds are offered for classes or camps. Cancellations received 72 hours before class start, will be able to redistribute their class fees to another class/camp. Cancellations received less than 72 hours before class start or no-shows forfeit their class fees. We are unable guarantee the same class or session will be available for rescheduling. Arriving more than 30 minutes late for class may be a forfeit of class fees, please call. Inclement weather, school and government mandated closures have the same cancellation/return policy.
COVID-19 Precautions: Please read our following policy regarding COVID-19 HERE. As you know, these are procedures we have always had for our students. If they are ever changing and we update them continuously. We have not changed in our dedication to student safety and assure you of how seriously we are taking this epidemic and the health of our students.