COVID-19 Safety Measures for Summer Camps
Parents and Students,
On behalf of myself and my staff, I want to thank you and your children for your continued support of Made. While this small business has taken quite a beating during the COVID-19 outbreak, your supportive, and at times humorous, comments during Zoom classes, calls, and phone chats have had a great impact on us personally. You have lifted our spirits! As you have heard from others, it is very hard for teachers to be separated from their students. Classes are like mini-families. We truly miss your children!
With that said, we are thrilled that the current environment in Seattle will enable Made to host in-person summer camps! Our motto, as you know, is “Students First” and that is exactly what we intend to do. We take your child's safety seriously and we have created multiple layers of protection so that your child will feel safe, while still having fun in our creative, hands-on camps.
- All teachers and interns will have COVID-19 training, wear stylish yet protective masks, and have daily health checks.
- Social Distancing Measures:
- Classes will be limited to 5-6 children.
- Masks are required to be worn at all times. Children will have regular breaks outside (while still social distancing) to give time to have fresh air.
- Each child will have their own, appropriately spaced, machine, table, dress form, and notions.
- All adult classes will be taught virtually so that the only individuals in the studio space are staff, interns, and children.
- Children will have a symptom and temperature check upon arrival, at lunch, and at pick up. If a child exhibits any symptoms, we will contact the parents to come and pick their child up. If this occurs, we will notify all other parents. It will be imperative that we know of any allergies, health issues, or accommodations so we can help support our students.
- Arrival and pick up will be the biggest change from previous summers. Parents and youth will be met at the Made entrance where a brief health questionnaire and health check will occur. This is very important to help protect your children and their classmates. It will help things greatly if the kids can arrive as close to start time as possible and if they can be dropped off by the same guardian in order to reduce confusion and be picked up on time.
- Lunch and breaks will occur in the studio or right outside of the building with appropriate social distancing. While in previous years they have been held outdoors and at parks, we want to limit exposure and keep your children healthy. We will provide child appropriate activities during these times.
- Studio Cleanliness:
- The studio will be cleaned thoroughly after each class with antibacterial materials in order to assure that the environment continues to be healthy and safe for our kids and staff. This includes chairs, machines, tables, notions, kitchen, bathroom, and pretty much anything they ever touched or looked at for too long.
- Class Curriculum:
- Due to this unusual season, Made will only be offering one location for classes: the main studio. In some situations, students may be working on different projects during the same session because their classes originally overlapped. The number of students and the teacher ratio in the setting will not change.
- COVID Exposure & Quarantine
- You must make us aware of any possible COVID-19 contact. For the safety of all our students and their families, it’s imperative that we are made aware of any concerns.
- COVID can incubate for up to 14 days. Thus, if your child or your family have come into possible contact with a COVID patient you are required to quarantine 14 days prior to camp.
- Any travel via mass transit such as airplanes and trains will need to uphold the 14 day incubation period, regardless of what precautions were taken.
- We will be more than happy to push your funds towards another class or camp in the future.
- Made, as you know, is a small business here to educate and empower your children to be creative powerhouses. We are doing our very best right now to continue to support your children and keep our doors open. As such, we are continuing our policy on refunds and cancellations.
We understand that this is a lot of information to absorb. Having the opportunity to move forward with summer camps is so very exciting. On the same note, it looks different in some ways, and we are all trying to process that. Please know that I am always here to chat.
PLEASE fill out this form so we know if you will be attending our summer camp or have any further questions.