Pants Fitting & Construction (Weekend Class)
Adult Intermediate Sewing
Location: Made Sewing Studio: 124 N 103rd St. Suite A, Seattle WA 98133
Pants. Just the sound of that word sends us running to a dress or skirt in fear of fitting and construction issues we inevitably run in to. And if you are British, you are giggling that we are fitting pants. You know what though, there is no reason to let pants get the best of you. In this class you will come with cut and sewn muslin of your pants that you are wanting to make. In class we will fit each person's pant, work through fitting issues, help alter the pattern you are using. If we have enough time we will start cutting and constructing the pants out of your chosen fabric.
1. Your sewing pattern. notions and fabric.
3. Bring a muslin (cotton) version of your pattern. This means you are making a mockup of the pant in a light weight cotton. Sew all seams using basting stitches so we can easily take out seams as needed.
4. Please wear/bring the undergarments and shoes you would wear with your pants. Wear separates as we will be taking on and off your pants quite a bot for fitting. Heheh.
4. Bring your fashion fabric (what you will ultimately use for your pants/shorts) pre-washed, ironed and uncut.
5. We say this because we love you. When choosing fabric keep in mind that once washed, it will be considerably thinner than it is in the store. “Bottom Weight Fabric” does not always mean “sturdy”. (Hey, we didn’t choose that phrase for them). Always ask how it will wash and, when in doubt, take a swatch and wash it at home to see how thin it becomes.
Class Level: This class is for Adult Intermediate Sewists. Previous experience with machine sewing, several completed sewing projects and some pattern reading is required. Please email us if you are concerned you may not be at the right level for this class.
Cancellation/Return Policy: No refunds are offered for classes or camps. Cancellations received 72 hours before class start, will be able to redistribute their class fees to another class/camp. Cancellations received less than 72 hours before class start or no-shows forfeit their class fees. We are unable guarantee the same class or session will be available for rescheduling. Arriving more than 30 minutes late for class may be a forfeit of class fees. COVID and any other government mandated shutdowns have the same cancellation/Return policy.
COVID-19 Precautions: Please read our following policy regarding COVID-19 HERE. As you know, these are procedures we have always had for our students. If they are ever changing and we update them continuously. We have not changed in our dedication to student safety and assure you of how seriously we are taking this epidemic and the health of our students.
Share this item: