After School Yarn Arts Program
Welcome to the amazing world of yarn! You wouldn’t believe all you can do with yarn and thread with your tiny little hands. In this class we will do a host of different projects from loom knitting, finger knitting, needle knitting, crochet and hand embroidery. At the beginning of class kids will choose two projects to get started and will work on them until completion. When one project is done they get to pick a new project to expand their knowledge and skills in handmade art. No previous experience is require, but it will be taken into consideration when choosing projects. All supplies and fun included.
Each Club Session is specially tailored to your school dismissal time and academic calendar.
- Session Length: There are eight to ten classes per session based on your schools academic calendar.
- Class Times: Class lasts approximately 90 minutes and begins based on your school's dismissal time.
- Age and Experience: We welcome all ages of students to this program
- Equipment: We provide all instruction and supplies. School's provide a space for up to 8 students.
- Pricing: Pricing depends on weeks withing a session and the number of participants.
What Will They Learn?
So much that it's hard to list it all, but here are some of the many things they will learn and experiment with…
- Finger Knitting
- Loom Knitting
- Hand Sewing Techniques
- Hand Embroidery
- Needle Knitting
- Pattern Reading
What Will They Make?
Oodles of fun stuff! We like to take into account the interests and experience of our students in each class. On our first day, we do a fun hand embroidery or finger knitting starter project. We then ask what they are interested in making over the course of our time together. After that, the yarn world is ours to play in, while fitting in as many fun projects as we can! Some previous projects have been:
- Embroidery Projects to be hung or sewn
- Phew...the list goes on and on!